Scars form for various reasons and some scars look differently from others. They are sometimes embarrassing and can kill confidence. Yes, having scars can be life-changing. It can be difficult to live with on a daily basis, depending on how unsightly the scar is.
Don’t let scars pull you down.
Below are the natural remedies to get rid of scars from cuts, acne, stretch marks from pregnancy or due to weight changes and incision due to surgery
1. Virgin Coconut Oil
This natural oil contains Lauric acid and fatty acids that can fight off overgrowing acne bacteria and draws out toxins to speed up the time to heal.
- Use fingertips to apply virgin coconut oil to clean skin, massage in circular motions for 5 minutes.
- Leave on 10 minutes, and then remove with tissue paper.
- Rinse with warm water followed by cool water, and pat dry.
- Note: you can also leave it on overnight.
- For cut, laceration or burn, apply to skin 2-3 times a day.
2. Carrot Juice
It’s no secret that carrot juice is full of skin-healing Beta carotene, however you have to gulp in carrot juice and apply topically at the same time for reducing scar visibility.
- Juice 4 or 5 large carrots and drink each day on an empty stomach.
- Mix just enough carrot juice with 1 teaspoon of sea salt to make a paste. Then, massage it on affected areas by acne and acne scars in gentle and circular motions to avoid damaging the skin.
- Leave the paste on the skin until it dries.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Dab the pure carrot juice unto pimples after thoroughly washing your face to speed up healing and prevent scars before they form.
3. Hazelnut Oil
It is packed with many nutrients, such as vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and Oleic acid, which are all best for reducing or eliminating old scars, stretch marks and keloid scarring from wounds or surgery. Best use when blended with other natural ingredients.
- Essential Oils needed: 1 ml of Helichrysum essential oil (useful scar remover when you have new wounds), 1ml of Lavender oil (heals new wounds), 10 drops of Sage, 5 drops of Neroli, 1 oz of Rosehip seed oil, 1 oz of Hazelnut oil
- Combine all the essential oils. Apply 2-3 times to the scars every day. Use continually for 3-6 months for reducing appearance of old marks. Apply to new wounds regularly to prevent scar formation.
4. Onion Extract or Gel
It contains several bioflavenoids like quercetin, keampferol and cepalin. Simply apply onion extract to the affected area once daily for 4-8 weeks. You may experience mild stinging but nothing intolerable.
5. Baking Soda
It is composed of sodium bicarbonate crystals that can gently exfoliate skin when used as a cleansing scrub. Effective for scars and skin discoloration.
- Mix a few teaspoons of baking soda with enough water to make a paste.
- Then massage onto skin where scars are present.
- Leave on for a minute or two.
- When applied on face, wash face with lukewarm water and apply natural moisturizer like rose hip seed, jojoba, coconut or olive oil.
- Do this once every other day.
Honey is a natural moisturizer and anti-oxidant. It is best used raw for getting rid of acne and wound scars.
- Apply warm cloth to the acne scars. Then gently rub some raw honey after this. Wash after a while with warm water.
- For chicken pox scars, apply warm mixture of honey and lemon juice or cucumber juice.
- Honey and cinnamon mixture for facial skin renewal treatment.
- For pimples, apply 1 tsp of honey mixed with warm water in the morning.
Natural remedies listed above can be used alone or in combination with other natural ingredients. Try all the methods until you find the recipe that works best for you.