Our Immunity blend is like your own little aromatherapy first aid. it smells superb – mainly due to the lemongrass and peppermint but it is also incredibly nourishing.
One of the less known oils in our blend is cajeput. Cajeput is derived from the White Wood tree which is related to the tea tree. Some of you I’m sure have heard about the legendary healing properties of tea tree and if you are ever within 50km of a tea tree lake I strongly suggest you de-tour and immerse yourself in the totally bizarre experience of swimming in the muddy waters. The rumors you may have heard are true. Your skin will feel like a baby’s butt after.
Our beautiful cajeput oil is sourced from Indonesia where it is steamed distilled to keep as many of it’s natural healing properties as possible. Cajeput is one of those very therapeutic oils which has many uses which include:
- Decongestant – It provides relief from nasal and chest congestion.
- Expectorant – It aids the release of phlegm from the lungs.
- Analgesic – It has a powerful pain relieving effect.
- Antibacterial – It kills certain species of bacteria. 
- Antifungal – It kills many fungi species.
- Antiviral – It is active against some viruses too.
- Antineuralgic – It exerts a protective effect on the nervous system.
- Antipyretic – It alleviates a fever.
- Insecticide – It is used to kill many species of insects.
- Anti-Inflammatory – reduces inflammation.
- Antioxidant – protects the cells from free radical damage.
We use cajeput because of its cleansing properties and it’s ability to help you feel better when you have a cold or fever simply by inhaling it. This one is very popular as a ‘travel oil’ too. The antibacterial oils are your personal body gaurd when you are on a plane.The Journal of Environmental Health Research suggests you may be up to 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a plane than you are in your normal day-to-day-life (that recycled air conditioning doesn’t help *gross*). This blend is also useful if you suffer from those painful blocked ears on planes.
Combined with other oils including rosemary, peppermint, organic eucalyptus and lemongrass, our Immunity infusion is a total cleansing experience.